Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

PCJB The Town, The Park

WALT: Write a memoir inspired by James K Baxters "The Town"

The Town 

The town was usual enough; It had
A library, a park, a fountain, an ice-cream truck and
Pizza Hut, my favourite store
That we sometimes ate at. Me, myself and I
Did what nerds do - read books
In the quiet library, eat ice-cream and pizza while doing research, annoy my big brother
To help with my homework,  and code
For hours on Scratch, 
Doing nothing important.

The park 

The park was usual enough; It had
A swing, a slide, a small zip-line, a jungle-gym and 
fish n chips shop that we 
always ate at. Me, my sister and my dad
did what we do best - have a lovely picnic
on the grass, have races through the park, play tag until we tire ourselves out, 
play Pokemon Go! And eat the fish n chips that we brought,
Doing nothing important.

It was easy to make these two memoirs when I had an example of James K Baxter's memoir. A memoir is sort of like a poem but a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.